Organize Your Cookie Sheets, Baking Pans, & Cutting Boards With This Easy DIY Cabinet Divider
Well here we are at week 3 of the pantry renovation & I am not gonna lie I thought we would be a little farther along…
No worries there is still plenty of time… right?!
IF YOU ARE NEW HERE, WE ARE TAKING PART IN THIS SEASONS ONE ROOM CHALLENGE. THIS CHALLENGE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES, A BUNCH OF AMAZING DIY-ERS TAKE ON RENOVATING AN ENTIRE ROOM IN JUST 6 WEEKS!
This week I tackled a major kitchen storage problem I have by moving it into the pantry… and building something to solve it don’t worry 😉
Kitchen Storage & Organization: Easy DIY Cabinet Dividers
In my kitchen an entire cabinet is filled with cookie sheets, baking pans, & cutting boards. They all sit in a broken down wicker basket that looks like it has had a hard life for a basket that’s only 2 years old.
So when I started the pantry renovation project I knew I needed to build something to create a nice & neat space to store all of those necessities.
DIY Cabinet Dividers
- MDF or Plywood
- Lattice Strips
- Thin Plywood (tray dividers)
These pantry cabinets are being built from scratch so if you are wanting to cabinet dividers to already assembled cabinets skip to step 2.
- Start by building the frame for the cabinet. I am using MDF & you can find the full tutorial for how to build them here.
2. Measure and cut 2 pieces of MDF/plywood the length & width of the inside of your cabinet.
I always recommend doing a dry fit test just to double check that they fit.
3. Cut strips of lattice the length of the MDF boards
4. Use the thin piece of plywood as a spacer in-between the strips of lattice as you glue & nail down each piece.
5. Follow those steps for both pieces of MDF. Once they are complete use nails to attach them to the top & bottom of the cabinet.
My top piece will be doubling as a small shelf for more cutting board storage!
6. Cut the thin plywood the height & depth (minus 1″) needed to fit into each divider.
The storage dividers are cut to the depth minus 1″ to leave room for you to grab the cutting boards, cookie sheets, & bakeware without having to jam your hands into the tight space.
These cabinet dividers are exactly the cutting board storage solution I have been desperately needing!
Normal baking pan organizers and cookie sheet organizers are so flimsy and end up tipping over all the time.
I think this version will be a lot more durable and make it easy to grab what I need.
Pantry Renovation To-Do List:
Base Pantry Cabinets
- Build Floor to Ceiling Shelving Unit
- Build Upper Pantry Shelves
- Paint Cabinets/Shelving
- Build Spice Rack
- Install Countertop
- Paint Pantry
- Pantry Food Storage Containers/Labels
Don’t forget to check out all the other room renovations taking place for the One Room Challenge!