Make Your Own DIY Harvest Sign Out Of Scrap Wood.
Welcome y’all to this month’s DIY Project Challenge! Our theme for the month is a scrap wood project & since it’s now officially September I decided a DIY fall wood sign project would be perfect!
I like to pull out all my fall decor September 1st because if I try & pull it out sooner I get the eye roll from my husband.
You know the one, I also get it when the doorbell rings with my 3rd Amazon delivery for the day. Lately, it’s been a lot of harvest decor & I am not sorry.
If you don’t mind the eye roll check out all my favorite budget savvy fall decor finds from Amazon!
I’ll admit that even though I waited until now to pull out the fall decor boxes doesn’t mean I haven’t been sipping on pumpkin spice coffee more a month.
I recently made a laundry room sign for a client, so I had some scrap panel & 1x2s leftover!
I am a scrap wood hoarder & if you are anything like me, you may have enough leftover for a harvest sign of your own!
- 12×16 Piece of Paint Grade Panel
- 1x2x6 Whitewood
- White Paint
- Vinyl or Stencils
- First, I sanded the edges of my paint grade panel down so they were smooth. I ended up making my wooden sign 12×16 because that’s what I had leftover from the other sign & it seemed like a good size.
2. Next, I pieced together my 1X2 pieces around the frame. I had enough scrap that I only had to cut one side out of a new piece!
3. After I had all my sides cut to size I stained them using Minwax Hickory Gel Stain.
It’s currently my favorite stain color, I recently used it on my DIY Herb Box project too! I gave it two coats of stain & set it aside to dry.
4. I used leftover flat white paint for the sign’s background. It also got two coats.
5. Once everything was dry I used my finishing nail gun to nail it together.
You could also use liquid nails to hold the sign together if you didn’t want to nail it but its much quicker to nail it.
6. After my board was all put together, I used flat black vinyl to spell out
If you don’t have a circuit you can use stencils or other stickers!
That’s it! I was able to make this simple fall harvest sign using all scrap wood!
Currently this harvest sign is hanging out on my fall front porch! I love using fall harvest decor outside.
If you are going to use this as one of your wooden porch signs you will need to seal it with something rated for the outdoors.
Let me know what your favorite harvest decor finds are below!
Save This Project For Later!\
Don’t forget to check
out more fun scrap wood projects from my very talented blogger friends!
Kippi at Home ~ Decor Display Riser
1905 Farmhouse ~ Scrap Wood Outdoor Skeletons
The DIY Nuts ~ DIY Corner Shelf
Mama Dares To DIY ~ DIY Rustic Centerpiece Box
Olivia Ohern ~ Scrap Wood & Resin Charcuterie Board