Faux Pottery Barn Rope Placemats
Have y’all ever been scrolling through Pottery Barn online, wiping the drool from your mouth as you look at all the pretty things? Well, its one of my professional hobbies & I am always finding stuff I love love love & can’t live without, then my bank account reins me back in.
Most recently I found these super cute round rope placemats that I had to have, but I just can’t spend $50 on 4 placemats yall. So I had to get creative…
I decided to create my own faux pottery barn rope placemats & I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. The best part is I made 4 for a whopping $12! They were super simple to make & my bank account did a little happy dance. Check them out & let me know what you think.
- Hot glue gun/sticks
- Pencil or popsicle stick
- The idea for these placemats hit me while I was browsing the dollar store & found this rope in the garden/floral section. I quickly grabbed all they had & checked out before they knew I was getting away with a steal!
2. Each pack had 13ft & I used about 3 packs per placemat, so $3 per placemat. I started in the center by hot gluing an end to itself. Then from there I just kept rolling the rope & gluing about every 3 inches.
Here is my extremely professional work area.
3. I used the pencil to push the rope onto itself to avoid the hot glue gun burns, but at this point, it doesn’t really matter I probably have no fingerprints from previous hot glue gun attacks. Make sure to work on a surface you don’t mind getting hot glue on. I chose an old cardboard box left over from an Amazon Prime purchase I’m hiding from my husband. Don’t pretend you don’t have a few of those around.
4. Try your best to glue closer to one side because you will have some glue squeeze out, this way when you flip it over no one will ever see the glue.
5. I used one of our regular plates to make sure I had a good amount of stick out which for me was 3 packs of the rope per placemat. Feel free to adjust however much your heart desires.
That’s it! Each placemat probably took me 10-15 minutes, it may have taken less if I wasn’t also snacking & watching Real Housewives but you gotta do what makes you happy yall. So far I have completed 4 placemats for $12 & saved us $38 with these faux pottery barn mats! My bank account & I couldn’t be happier, Justin probably could because he doesn’t really like placemats or the Real Housewives but he knew what he was getting into when he put a ring on it so oh well. ; )