Room Renovation: Office Week 4
Oh my gosh yall it’s already week 4 of our office renovation project! With only two weeks left in this One Room Challenge, I am feeling the pressure. I have not been feeling my 100% best so I didn’t quite accomplish everything I wanted to this week, but I will catch up this coming weekend….hopefully. For those of you just joining us, we are participating in our first ever One Room Challenge! This is an event where a bunch of incredible bloggers come together & take on one room to completely renovate in 6 weeks. We decided we would start small in our laundry room.
This week we did finish the ladder drying rack & installed the new light, plus I did start the DIY laundry sign, so it wasn’t a complete flop. There are a ton of ways to make a wooden ladder, it’s very simple so I will walk you through my lazy girl way but feel free to modify for your own ladder.
Ladder Drying Rack:
- (2) 2X3 (cut to the height you want your ladder to be)
- 1X3 (cut into 12in pieces)
- Chop Saw
- Nail Gun or Hammer
- First, cut the 2X3s to the height you want your ladder to be, we chose to match the height of the door so I would have plenty of space for drying larger items. Then, cut the 1X3 to the length you want your rungs to be. We chose 12in pieces.
- Next, we glued & nailed in the 1X3s along the two 2X3s in 14in spacing.
- Finally, stain or paint the ladder to your taste. I stained ours with Minwax dark grey but I’m not 100% sure I love it so that may change. I am trying to “live” with it for this week to see how I feel, do yall ever do that?
The second thing we finished was installing our new chandelier! I am super in love with it & I love “living” with it, the diamonds add a chic look to the room that really balances out the industrial shelves.
So it wasn’t a whole lot but that’s what we got done for the week & I am loving it all so far!
Heres what’s left on our To Do list!
Shiplap Back Wall Paint Laundry Room Add Open Shelving
- Sliding Barn Doors
- Make a Folding Table
Create Drying Rack New Light Fixture
- Make Laundry Room Sign