A quick guest bedroom refresh that can be accomplished quickly. Soothing neutral color scheme, with pops of fun patterns, all on a DIY budget.
It’s baby crunch time y’ all, we are officially in our due date week & the nesting vibes are still going strong. I think I have created more lists in these past two weeks then I have in my entire life!
We are so very blessed that once baby Eli arrives my mom is going to stay with us for a bit to help us with all actual baby stuff because we are clueless. Like where does baby powder go & when do we actually use it, clueless. So because she is going to be staying with us I wanted to make sure our guest bedroom was up to par with a little refresh.
Obviously, we won’t have time for a complete renovation this go around so we will be keeping the projects simple enough to accomplish in a week & on a DIY budget. Let’s take a look at the current state of the room.
Basically we have done nothing to this room since we moved in, so it’s a blank canvas. The room has one large window that lets in a lot of natural light, but still, the room feels dark & tiny with such large dark furniture. So we sold the furniture & started from scratch.
Making a design board before any room refresh or renovation is a must so I can have a clear picture of what I want & how it will all look together. For this refresh, the goal is light & airy, with pops of color & fun patterns.
Guest Bedroom Refresh Design Board:
- I have a chest of drawers similar to this one I will be making over for this room. I will be painting mine white & adding a fun pattern to the front of the drawers.
2. I think this is the first time I don’t 100% know what I want for the light fixture. I really love this one & want something with a little sparkle but we will have to play it by ear & see what the budget allows.
3. How fun is this blue checkered pattern y’all?! I am thinking of adding something similar for the drawer fronts.
4. I want to keep all the furniture simple & bright to help the room look larger & not so cluttered. Plus I am able to use smaller pieces because there won’t be a need for a ton of storage since it is a guest bedroom. This chest of drawers will be the perfect size & style I want for the room, plus I really like the price!
5. These floral prints will add some color to the room & can be changed out according to season if I want. Prints are a great way to decorate on a budget.
6. Raise your hand if you have been personally victimized by the metal bedframe movement (if you don’t get that Mean Girls joke you probably can’t sit with us). I am currently smitten with this look & will definitely be adding a gold bedframe to the room.
7. Something about a white comforter always makes me feel like I’m staying in a fancy hotel. I love to use white towels, washcloths, comforters, & sheets because they are easy to bleach clean & just make me feel fancy.
8. Justin actually picked the color for the room, we are going with Sherwin Willams Sliver Strand. It will make the room feel brighter & cozy.
9. No guest bedroom refresh design board is complete without a fun lamp! This one is super cute & I’m feeling the flowers.
Pretty simple refresh, the only real projects are:
- Adding trim to the window- I am slowly doing this in every room because it really takes the window from blah to wow & can be done on the cheap. So far we did a fancy version in the kitchen & a little more understated version in the office & nursery.
- Painting the room
- Adding a fun pattern to the drawer fronts
- Changing out the light fixture
I know my wonderful husband is going to just love another last minute project before the baby comes, but who can say no to the pregnant lady carrying the heir to your last name (fingers crossed not him).
Follow along on our Instagram stories for live updates on our progress. Plus feel free to drop me your favorite room refresh ideas in the comments!