This project is sponsored by Outwater, however, the thoughts & opinions are always my own. I only share products & companies I absolutely love with yall!
Create a wood slat accent wall the easy way with peel & stick planks from Outwater
Creating An Easy Wood Accent Wall: Using Peel & Stick Planks
What’s better than a gorgeous accent wall to completely transform a space?! An accent wall that’s done the easy way!
If you have been following along with this little blog for any time at all you know I am no stranger to an accent wall. I completed one in the laundry room & most recently in the master bathroom transformation.
This was by far the easiest one I have ever done!
For this room makeover we are creating a sweet little office space.
- Outwater Wood Wall Planks
- Chalk Line
- Rubber Roller
- Tape Measure
Before starting this project be sure to let the boards lay flat in the house for 72 hours so that they can settle.
- First remove all outlet plug covers. Then decide on your pattern! We went with a classic horizontal pattern
These planks can be installed in multiple patterns: chevron, vertical, geometrical, etc so let your creativity run wild!
- Start at the top left corner of the wall. Use a level to trace the outline of the board onto the wall
- Once we were happy with the placement, I traced the board’s outline. Then I removed the three sticky backs off of the adhesive strips. This is the part that makes this project so easy, no need for messy glue or nails!
- We continued to make our way from left to right. Each plank is 5 ⅛” W x 46 ½” L x 3/16” T so you may need to make cuts depending on the length of the wall.
- Use the leftover piece to start the next row of planks
6. The remaining rows can be just butted up against the top boards. Everything should be pretty level
7. The remaining rows went very quick;y until we got to an outlet. For these boards we used the square to measure & mark where the outlet would be located on the plank
8. Then, we used a jigsaw to cut out the outlet space
For once the first cut was the right cut!
9. Once all the planks were installed we used the rubber J roller to go over the boards to make sure they were nice & secure.
Ahhh so much better right?!
This is Outwater’s brand Natural Tan color but they have 10 other gorgeous finishes for you to choose from also!
The best part is even though they are peel & stick planks they are still made of natural pine wood made out of sustainable forests.
This accent wall is one of the last elements to this office makeover & we are headed to the finish line yall!
Let me know what you think of our new accent wall.