Chicken Coop Design Ideas
I know, I know, we started a project that maybe wasn’t 100% necessary…
I may or may not have (I definitely did) accidentally buy three turkeys + chickens & instead of being mad that amazing fiancé of mine said let’s get the chicken coop in ready!
So here we are, outside in this Alabama heat, turning this outdated chicken coop into something beautiful & worthy of our new family members.
This chicken coop has had zero love in probably a really long time, but when we bought the house I knew immediately it had a lot of potential!
It’s pretty yucky right now but soon it will be a cozy place for our turkeys & chicks!
To get some ideas for exactly what I wanted from this coop I scoured Pinterest & found some amazing chicken coop design ideas!
Chicken Coop Design Ideas
The Inspired Workshop has plans for this farmhouse chicken coop up on her blog! I love the stained shutters & door, it has me rethinking my black & white color scheme.
This gorgeous & eclectic chicken coop from Liz Marie Blog is absolute perfection! I love every element & detail, plus it looks super cozy!
This fancy chicken coop gave me the inspiration for how I want our chicken coops windows to look! The plan will be to repurpose old windows & do something similar to this! Plus I obviously love love love the black & white color scheme.
This bright & airy coop has guaranteed ours will have a wreath of it’s own! It is so welcoming & inviting, plus it has a bunch of cool nooks & spaces for her chickens.
All the rustic vibes are wrapped up in this chicken coop design for a cozy, earthy look. They used mainly reclaimed wood for this build, which is definitely my jam!
Y’all, that weather vane is everything! This coop has it all, charm, real wood trim, & shiplap!
Just a few of my favorite chicken coop design ideas! They all have elements I adore & I would love to add to our chicken coop makeover design plan!
This is my design board for the coop!
I always create one before starting a new project because it helps to keep my thoughts organized & makes sure all the colors & textures go well together.
Chicken Coop Projects:
- Color: The inside & outside will be Pure White by Valspar with black trim & a black dutch door
- Flooring: We have leftover flooring from the flophouse we will use on the storage side & rubber mats on the chicken side
- Lighting: These solar-powered lanterns are super cool & won’t require us to run power to the coop
- Wallpaper: We will also add this lovely wallpaper to the storage side of the coop for some fun texture
- Dutch Door: The current dutch door is weathered & the wood has taken a beating beyond repair, so the plan will be to build a new one that is similar
- Large Fenced Area: Around the coop & run will be a large
fenced-inarea for the chickens to roam! We will build it out of wood panel fencing & add a cute gate at the entrance
- Chicken Run: The enclosure will be made of 4×4 posts & this chicken cloth
Those are our big plans for this coop, plus a few other personal touches we plan on adding!