Upgrade your boring builder grade bathroom mirror the easy way with a frame kit from Mirror Chic
Mirror mirror on the wall how do I make you the fairest of them all?
Y’all we are knee deep in our latest bathroom renovation & this next project has me pumped up!
Every bathroom renovation I have done has one thing in common, the boring
Except for this time I chose to do it the easy way! I ordered a framing kit from Mirror Chic & this is absolutely my favorite mirror upgrade to date!
- Mirror Chic Framing Kit (use code diy10 for 10% off your order)
- Clean Rag
- Measuring Tape
- For this bathroom, I am going with a clean neutral look with beadboard walls & a dark vanity (eventually). So I hopped onto the Mirror Chic website & ordered a couple of sample frames that I thought would fit my look. They arrived super quick & I ended up going with the 2” black smoke.
- After I picked out the perfect frame I measured the existing mirror using the Mirror Chic Measuring Guide. Basically, you need to know the mirror’s length, height, & distance from surrounding walls. Simply enter the dimensions on the Mirror Chic site & they ship the frame right to your house!
- Once the frame arrived I laid out all the pieces on a fluffy blanket to ensure nothing would be scratched while I assembled the frame.
- Now it’s time to get to work. I started by using the glue they provided to coat the corners of the frame.
- Next insert the dovetail pins into the joints.
TIP: If you can’t press them in you can use a hammer to gently tap them into place
- Once the frame was assembled I used a clean, dry rag to wipe off any excess glue.
This was the hardest part… waiting an hour for the glue to set before putting up my new frame!
- After the longest hour of my life, it was finally time to put up our fancy new frame! Start by dry fitting the frame to the mirror & getting the placement exactly how you want it. Then attach the provided corner guides to the top corners under the frame.
- Once the corner guides are in place remove the sticky backing to the two-sided tape located on the back of the frame.
- Finally, it’s time to install the frame! Use the corner guides to ensure the placement of your new frame is correct & press the frame into place. I gently applied pressure around the entire frame to make sure all the tape was secure on the mirror.
Updated Builder Grade Mirror
Can y’all even believe this is the same boring builder-grade mirror as before?! I think this is my fastest & easiest transformation yet!
I am in deep love with the color & shiny finish of this frame. It completely elevated the entire bathroom.
I think it accents our new chrome fixtures really well too!
We still have a little bit more to do until this bathroom renovation is complete but we are officially one gigantic step closer. Here’s hoping the rest of this project goes as smoothly as this mirror upgrade!