Make These Easy DIY Marble Shelves For Cheap Using Contact Paper
Welcome back Y’all to another round of “how can I make something cheap look expensive?”
This happens to be my absolute favorite game.
We recently finished the $100 room challenge bathroom makeover!
For this challenge we had to renovate a space for $100 or less, which means everything has to be done the most budget savvy way possible.
My dream has always been to add sleek marble shelves to the bathroom to store all the important bathroom necessities.
Obviously marble was not in my teeny tiny budget, so I can to get creative!
DIY Marble Shelf Supplies:
- Wood The Length & Width You Want For The Shelves (I used (2)1×6 pieces)
- Marble Contact Paper
- Sharp Box Cutter
- Shelf Brackets
- First you need to figure out how long, wide & thick you want your shelves to be. My vision was to have wide skinny shelves so I cut (2) pieces of 1×6 down to size.
2. Next lay your piece of wood onto the contact paper & trace around it. You will do this twice, once for the top of shelf & one for the bottom.
For the bottom trace you will need to take into account the sides, so that piece will be larger.
3. Carefully cut out the contact paper. Remove the paper backing & start applying the contact paper directly to the wood, smoothing it down as you go.
4. Unless you are super amazing with scissors & tracing you will have a little excess sticking out over the edges. The best way to remove it is with a super sharp box cutter.
It will cut like butter as long as the blade is new!
5. Follow the same steps for the bottom side of the bathroom shelf.
6. Once my marble shelves for the bathroom were done, I hung up these super cute (& cheap) metal brackets to hold them!
That’s it! The easiest marble wall shelves ever & the most budget savvy!
Using contact paper for shelves is a new hack for me, but I have used it to update furniture before.
Basically contact paper is my jam 😉
Do y’all love this cheeky sign as much as I do?! I whipped this one up the same way I make all my DIY wooden signs.
These bathroom marble shelves really elevated the entire room & now I have somewhere to store all the cute bathroom necessities & decor!
Check out the complete bathroom room renovation & let me know what your favorite project of the challenge is!