DIY Farmhouse Valentine Signs
MAKE THESE SUPER CUTE FARMHOUSE VALENTINE SIGNS WITH SUPPLIES FROM THE DOLLAR STORE & SCRAP WOOD! THEY ARE EASILY CUSTUMIZABLE & PERFECT TO ADD A LITTLE SWEETNESS TO YOUR DECOR
Roses are red, violets are blue, valentine signs can be farmhouse too! Yes I am secretly a poet, this whole DIY thing is really just a backup plan. I am a big fan of cheesy Valentines activities but I am not a fan of cheesy Valentines décor. That’s why I wanted to make these super cute farmhouse Valentine signs to fit in seamlessly with my décor!
These were so simple to make & all I used were supplies from the Dollar Tree & scrap wood!
- Dollar Tree Frame
- Spray Paint
- Scrap 1×2 Pieces
- Paint Panel
1. For the first sign I used a frame from the Dollar Tree. I started by taping off the frame & spray painting the center with Rustoleum 2X Magenta spray paint.
2. The front of the frame got 2 coats of spray paint. Once the front was dry I flipped the sign over & sprayed the back.
3. Once both sides were dry it was time to add my vinyl! You could use stickers or stencils instead if you don’t have a Cricut machine.
1. This sign was made completely out of scrap wood! I started by spray painting a scrap piece of a paint panel. I used Rustoleum white primer & gave it two coats.
2. While that was drying I cut my frame pieces. For this I used scrap 1×2 pieces. Simply measure the length of the panel for the long frame pieces. For the short end pieces measure the width & add two inches to accommodate covering the long frame edges.
3. After your frame is cut, stain the pieces with your favorite stain. I am super in love with Minmax Gel stain right now, especially the color Hickory.
4. Normally I use nails to secure my frame to the panel but because this frame is smaller all I needed was Gorilla Glue. Apply it to the edges & let it dry overnight. I recommend using clamps to hold the frame pieces in place.
5. After the frame was set I added my vinyl!
That’s it! Such a simple & budget savvy way to add cute Valentine décor to your home. I hope yall love these signs as much as I do! Leave me your favorite Valentines Day activities (cheesy & all) in the comments below.