DIY Canvas Art
So you know when you do that really silly thing where you go to Hobby Lobby & you tell yourself you are just there to look around?! Well I did that, I don’t know why I continue to test my self-control when I already know its very low when it comes to purchasing decor. Oh well, I was “just looking” for some office canvas art & I stumbled upon 3 whole isles of everything I never knew I wanted! These were exactly what I had in mind for my dream office project!
Needless to say, I was in trouble, and my bank account was telling me to calm down. So I decided if I couldn’t afford to buy it all I would try & make it! The small canvases ranged from $13.99-$15 & the larger canvases $25 and up. So I searched around & found a pack of small & large blank canvas for less than $5! I purchased the small & large flower prints along with my blank canvases & got out of there ASAP because, you know, the lack of self-control thing. Then, I got them home & got to work!
~This post may contain affiliate links, take a peek at our privacy & disclosure policy~
- Blank Canvases (here’s a pack)
- Spray Paint (I used this gold color)
- Masking Tape
- Paint/ Small Brush
- First I chose which canvas print I thought I could easily replicate. I decided I’d give the cursive writing a try. I took my two larger canvas boards & wrote out with a pencil the sayings I liked. Use your ruler to make sure your words are going in a straight line. Feel free to erase & rework the parts you don’t love.
- Once you have the outline the way you like it, use the small brush to trace the words.
The black canvas was originally different, but I didn’t love it so I covered it with black wrapping paper & wrote something different with a gold sharpie marker. You are running this DIY show so get creative & keep working on it until you love it!
- The next set of canvases I created were more decorative & even easier! I taped off different line patterns on the small canvases & just spray painted them with my gold spray paint! That’s it! Simple DIY canvas art that saved me a bunch of money! I really love how great they look hanging in the office. The possibilities are endless for this project, you can create whatever style you want to fit your unique spaces!
Drop me a note with any questions, comments, or show off your own DIY canvas art project!