DIY Canvas Art: The Best Shower Curtains For Art
Que the budget savvy art work!
I know usually budget & art do not normally go together, especially when it’s large artwork.
But when I was creating the design board for the dining room makeover I knew I wanted a large canvas art piece to hang over the buffet table.
I had my heart set on something like this, but that price tag was a little out of the budget for the dining room makeover. So I had to improvise & come up with a little DIY magic.
~SOME AFFILIATE LINKS MAY BE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, TAKE A PEEK AT OUR PRIVACY & DISCLOSURE POLICIES~
DIY Large Scale Canvas Artwork
- 1×3 Pine boards
- Shower Curtain or Fabric
- First thing is first, find a shower curtain or some fabric you absolutely love! I found this one from Amazon for about $20 & I have a bunch more of my favorites below!
2. Next, start building the frame. Decide the size you want the canvas, then cut the 1×3 pine boards to that length & height.
3. Once my board were cut to size, I started assembling the frame with nails & wood glue. I started with the outside base frame.
Make sure to use a square to keep your corners accurate!
4. I used the fancy new steamer my mom got me & steamed the curtain. You could probably just iron it but I really wanted to try this thing out!
5. Once I was done I laid the shower curtain facedown & set the frame over it. Then I wrapped the curtain around the frame, pulled it taught, & stapled it to the frame.
BIG TIP: Start at the center not the edges, to ensure you are pulling evenly
6. The edges I simply folded in like a present.
7. Staple them to the frame the same way.
Does this make me an artist now?! I am in deep love with this large scale canvas art y’all.
It complements the stone accent wall perfectly & adds some major character to the space!
Here are some other shower curtains that would be perfect for large scale canvas art:
This is the last project before the big reveal & I am super excited to show y’all our brand new dining room.
This is everything we’ve got done so far:
Just a few final things to button up & we will be ready to show y’all our new space!