Budget Savvy Outdoor Patio Design
TURN YOUR BORING PATIO INTO AN OUTDOOR OASIS WITH THESE BUDGET SAVVY DESIGN IDEAS
Who needs a fancy beach vacation when your backyard is an oasis. Okay, I might still like a vacation but I would also really like to get this backyard situation in check ? If you have been following along with us you know we are currently knee-deep in an outdoor project series.
It all started when I made these super cute $15 outdoor planters because I had bought some ferns from a fundraizer. If you give a DIYer a project she will great 10 more. Once I placed those on our front porch I realized what a mess our landscape was in & it really spiraled from there.
So now that we handled the front yard disaster its time to move to the back! I have honestly not done a single thing to the backyard since we moved in besides set out some chairs & a metal fire pit. Basically, we are working with a blank slate of boring & I have some ideas & obviously more projects!
I am a big fan of mood boards when I am about to take on an entire space. It helps me organize my thoughts, decide on furniture, colors, & patters.
Yepp I think this could be my happy place y’all! I want a space that is great for entertaining, family dinners, & cozy summer nights & I want it all to be super budget savvy to create! So let’s talk about what needs to happen to make this a reality.
- The first thing I am going to tackle for this backyard oasis is the bench. My mom rescued a larger bench from the side of the road & it is a little rough y’all but I have big plans for it! I will start by replacing the broken pieces & giving it a coat of black paint. Next, I’ll recover the cushions with a linin fabric. I debated & debated about whether or not to go with a fun pattern instead, but I love to swap out throw pillows for holidays & whatnot, so I wanted something neutral that would work with everything.
2. You may have seen the metal table we currently have, I use it to spray paint on top of…. but I promise to stop doing that! I am going to give it a fresh coat of gold paint & it will look like new.
3. I am in deep love with this table & bench from Pottery Barn, but they aren’t really in my next to nothing budget for this project ? So I am gonna pull out the Kreg Jig & build a knockoff version. This is gonna be such a fun project & I can’t wait to get started!
4. The hanging wall planter is not actually from a store because I couldn’t find one that was right, so I will DIY that too. Black shiplap & terra cotta pots are what I am dreaming of. This DIY should be pretty simple & budget savvy. Terra cotta pots are pretty cheap from Home Depot & these little clips from Amazon should work perfectly!
5. This rug from Walmart will the perfect pop of color & is such a good price it will definitely fit into the budget!
6. Okay so there is not room in the budget from these super cute lanterns from Target so I will try to DIY some. If that fails I will buy these & live in denial that there ever was a budget.
7. Pottery Barn strikes again! I now need this concrete planter & I have plenty of leftover Quikrete concrete mix from our garage renovation to give a DIY version a go!
8. You cant have an outdoor cozy oasis without string lights! These ones are from World Market & I love their bulb shape & price.
9. This fan from Joss & Main is very similar to the one we have out there now. I am going to restore ours with a little paint.
That list is not too bad right ? I am thinking 4 weeks max to have it all done & we will be eating dinner on our new outdoor table! Be sure to follow along with us on Instagram for inside looks at each project & let me know below which project you are most looking forward to!