How To Clean a Mattress Like a Professional
Clean your mattress like a professional without using expensive equipment or harsh chemicals
You know those things you gotta do but don’t really want to do…
This is one of those things.
I never remember to clean our mattress on the 3 month intervals that are recommended.
Truthfully until a few years ago I didn’t even realize you should, thanks adult hood 😅
But now that I have seen the light I know it needs to be done & I have figured out the best method to make it easy, inexpensive, & quick!
Our mattress is pretty new, we bought it when we moved into our farmhouse in May.
It was pretty inexpensive & so comfortable!
In January I like to do a whole house deep cleaning & it’s the perfect time to make sure I hit the mattress too.
How To Clean a Mattress Like a Professional:
- Start by stripping all the sheets, pillowcases, comforters, or duvets off the bed.
Wash them in hot water to help get rid of allergens & dust mites.
2. Vacuum the mattress thoroughly, including the sides.
3. Next, spot clean the mattress if there are any stains. You can use any stain cleaner or mix up your own.
1 part hot water + 1 part dish soap + a small amount of Clorox powder = my secret power stain remover
4. Once the stains are taken care of, it’s time to make the baking soda mix.
Add a few drops of essential oil to a new box of baking soda & shake it up really good.
Sprinkle the box of baking soda all over the bed & let it soak for at least an hour, the longer the better.
Baking soda wicks away moisture & removes dirt & debris.
5. After the baking soda had time to sit vacuum it off completely.
This is also a good time to clean the headboard & baseboard.
Your mattress is now officially fresh, clean & ready to be forgotten about for another couple of months 😅
Now I gotta know, how often do y’all clean your mattresses?