Budget-Friendly Curtains & Window Treatments That Look High End
Any room can feel high end with these budget-friendly curtain & window treatments
This is one of my most asked questions: How do I make a small space feel bigger
I shared 10 of my favorite tips & tricks to make a small bedroom feel large here, but I thought I’d share my biggest tips with y’all!
Hanging curtains at the right height, choosing quality fabrics, & classic colors!
Hanging Curtains the Right Way
This one is major because a correctly hung curtain can make a window appear to be much larger than it is or much smaller.
There are 3 main lengths for great looking curtains
- Barely kissing the floor
- Lightly puddling 3″
- Dramatic pudding 6″
- Wide enough to completely cover the width of the window (even if you never close them)
Choosing The Right Fabric
This one is definitely more of a preference & depends on your needs for the space but here are a few things I always look for when choosing our curtains.
- Blackout curtains are a must for all our bedrooms but for regular rooms too because they are thicker, making them appear to be of higher quality even if they are a more budget-friendly find.
Bright & Airy Look:
- Choose whites, creams, & soft blues
- Cotton or linen fabrics work best
Dramatic & Statement Look:
- Choose emerald greens, golds, & even black
- Velvet or silk are great textures
- Linen Curtains 2. Luxury Velvet Curtains 3. Pinstripe Linen Curtain 4. Lush Curtains 5. Plush Velvet Curtain 6. Olive Marque Shade 7. Pom Curtain 8. White Curtain Panels 9. Window Pane Curtains
- Hang curtain rods about 3″ from the ceiling or molding
- The rod should extend past the sides of the windows about 10-12″
There are different ways to hang curtains on the curtain rods
These are the main types but there are others:
My personal favorite is to hang curtains with clips or by their tabs.
- Industrial Gold Rod 2. Hexagonal Rod 3. Gold End Cap Style Rod 4. Acrylic Ball Rod 5. Edge Style Rod 6. Desyne Bud Rod 7. Matte Silver Rod 8. Forest Black Rod
You can hang shades with an inside mount or outside mount.
An inside mount, shades are hung inside the frame.
Outside mount shades are hung outside the window frame.
I prefer shades to blinds because I prefer that look & you can get them in different light filtering options just like blinds
. TanRoman Shade 2. White Linen Shade 3. Bamboo Shade 4. Gray Shade 5. Thermal Tan Shade 6. Dark Gray Shade 7. White Wood Shade 8. Gray Stripe Shade 9. Light Filtering Bamboo Shade
Craftsman Window Trim
My absolute favorite way to make a window look large & fancy is to add trim. I came up with a super easy & budget-savvy way to add craftsman style trim in less than 3 hours!
That’s it y’all!
It’s the little things that can completely transform a space, it doesn’t always have to be a major project or renovation!