DIY Pom Pom Garland
Okay so confession time y’all. I normally don’t decorate for St Patricks day… We are not Irish & green is not my color so I just don’t usually decorate for the holiday. However, for this St Patricks day some of my incredibly talented YouTube friends wanted to make some DIY St Patricks day decor so I decided to give it a go.
My goal was to create non-cheesy decor that still fit in with my farmhouse theme & I think I did it y’all! I have been really wanting some pom pom garland for a while now & I thought it would be fun to try & make my own. This was such a fun project & saved me quite a bit of money because pom pom garland ain’t cheap!
- Pom Pom Maker- I just found out this existed so mine is ordered but I am going to show you how to make this garland with it!
- Start by wrapping the yarn around your fingers. I used 4 fingers if you want your pom pom to be smaller then just use 2 or 3 fingers. I wrapped the yarn around about 25 times.
2. Next cut an extra piece of string to wrap all the way around your yarn. Tie a tight knot in the center.
3. Use your scissors to cut through all the loops.
4. Next, I took a fine-tooth comb & brushed the yarn until it was nice & fluffy. After you brush it to your liking you will need to give it a haircut. Cutaway the loose & uneven ends.
5. Now its time to attach your poms to the garland. I simply cut a long piece of the white yarn & tied it to each pom through the middle knot.
That’s it! This garland is super cute & you can just use different colored yarn for different holidays.
When the pom pom maker comes in I will let y’all know if it makes the process easier & faster. I also make a little farmhouse St Patricks day sign using the same process I used for my Valentine sign. You can check out the whole process on our YouTube channel too!